Monday, August 17, 2009

I've been shopping...

Today I found a goldmine for button lovers. The boutique is called "Knapplådan" ( wich means "the box of buttons") and is situated in a residential area in Uppsala. If you ever come to Uppsala, go there. There are buttons in every shape, material and color you can imagine!
Besides the butons they also have a great selection of pure button hole silk and ordinary sewing silk. They also have some buckles and a nice selction of ribbons. And the lady who runs the place is super nice! I will definately return to that place again.
Here are the link for their website (no online store though only info and the story behind the shop):
http://www.knappladan.se/

I had to limit myself to only buy things for this project, otherwise I would have left that place ruined...this is what I bougth (this time):


The spools is button hole silk in two diffrent shades of blue. The palest is for making the loops for buttons in my stomacher and the darker one is for the embroidery on my pocket. I plan to try to cover the wood button with fabric, if it works I will go back and buy more. The buckle will be one of several decorations on my tricorn that I'm planning, but more on that in a separate post.

/L

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I love that buckle! And you've reminded me that I must go buy some silk thread...

    ReplyDelete